A twist on a classic Bread and Butter using croissants and Ambrosia Custard.
What you need:
- 4 large croissants
- Apricot jam or marmalade
- Dried apricots (optional)
- Ambrosia Custard
- ovenproof dish, lightly greased with butter
How to make it:
- Pre heat the oven to 170º C/ Gas Mark 3.
- Tear the croissants and place in a buttered ovenproof dish.
- Spread with a little jam or marmalade and sprinkle over the apricots (if using).
- Pour some Ambrosia Custard over the croissants and allow to soak in and top up with more custard.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden.
Hints and tips:
- This recipe also works well using sliced brioche.
- For a crispy topping sprinkle over some sugar when the dessert is cooked and then pop under a hot grill for a few minutes until the sugar caramelises.
Bring Ambrosia Custard to the boil in a saucepan and then pour over some...
For deliciously simple adult treat bring some Ambrosia Original Devon Custard...
For a delicious and quick dessert, place some crushed biscuits into the...
Divide crushed biscuits between 4 - 6 glasses, add a layer of Ambrosia...
Divide crushed biscuits between 4 glasses. Whisk together low fat soft...
Mix a carton of Ambrosia Custard with 1 egg and a splash of vanilla essence. ...
Slice chocolate mini rolls into 4 individual glass dishes and cover with...
Simply warm some ready-made pancakes and spread Ambrosia Chocolate flavour...
For a slightly decadent dessert break up chocolate brownies, add some...
Try baking apple and cinnamon with Ambrosia custard for a delicious warm...
Showing 20 of 103 Great Little Ideas