To make a quick meal idea for all the family just gently sauté some chopped onion add some sausages, baked beans, Oxo Beef cubes and water then simmer gently for 20 minutes then serve with creamy mashed potato and broccoli for a really substantial supper idea.
What you need:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 lean pork or beef sausages cut into four pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can baked beans
- 2 Oxo Beef cubes
- 350ml of boiling water
- non-stick sauté pan
How to make it:
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently sauté the onions over a moderate heat for 5 minutes until the onions are soft and golden.
- Add the sausages to the pan and continue to fry for a further 5 minutes until the sausages are browned on all sides.
- Pour the beans into the pan and sprinkle over the Oxo Cube then add half of the water and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to simmer gently for 15-20 minutes until the sausages are fully cooked. Add the remaining water if the mixture looks dry.
Hints and tips:
- Serve up with Mashed Potato or Potato Wedges and some steamed broccoli.
- For a bit of a twist try adding some barbecue sauce into the mixture.
For deliciously crispy roast spuds, crumble an Oxo Chicken cube over potatoes...
For mouth-watering sausages, crumble a Beef Oxo Cube and mix with honey and...
For a great way to use up turkey and vegetable leftovers add crumbled OXO...
Give extra sizzle to your Beef stir-fry by adding a crumbled Beef Oxo Cube...
For deliciously crispy potato wedges, crumble an Oxo Chicken Cube over...
For a lovely crispy roast, crumble an Oxo Chicken Cube over the top of a...
This is great for using up leftover chicken or any bacon rashers from your...
To create a tasty soup just add together some bacon, dry spaghetti,...
To create a delicious crust on roast beef, blend a Beef Oxo Cube with mustard...
Liven up shepherd's pie by adding a couple of OXO Lamb Stock Cubes to your...
Showing 20 of 67 Great Little Ideas