This a is a fantastically easy way to make truffles with no need for baking just add raisins, chopped cherries, walnuts and rum to some crumbed Mr Kipling Battenberg Cake, roll into balls and coat in chocolate.
What you need:
- 1 Mr Kipling Battenberg Cake
- a good handful of raisins
- a handful of finely chopped cherries, plus extra for decoration
- a few finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- a teaspoon of Rum or Rum Essence
- melted chocolate
- greaseproof paper
How to make it:
- Place the Battenberg cake into a large bowl and break into small pieces using a fork.
- Throw in the raisins, cherries and nuts (if using) then drizzle over the rum/ rum essence and mix well.
- Wet your hands and place a dessert spoonful of mixture in the palm of your hand then squeeze the mixture gently so the dampness from your hand binds the mix and roll into a small ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place balls on a sheet of greaseproof paper and cover the truffles with melted chocolate.
- Place a small cutting of cherry on top of each one and allow to set.
Hints and tips:
- After coating with chocolate try sprinkling half of the truffles with chocolate vermicelli.
- White chocolate can also be used.
Cut up Mr Kipling Viennese Whirls and mix with strawberries, raspberries and...
For deliciously zingy sponge base when making trifle just cut Mr Kipling...
Cut the top off a Mr Kipling Bramley Apple Pie and warm in the microwave for...
For a delicious fruity treat, decorate Mr Kipling Jam Tarts with chunky fruit...
To make some delicious rocky road treats just melt chocolate and butter over...
A simple cheesecake idea that can be served individually.
A tasty pineapple fool with Mr Kipling Pineapple Slices, whipped cream and...
A simple cheesecake idea that can be served individually. Perfect for...
For a special treat try placing a marshmallow on top of a Mr Kipling Jam Tart...
For an extra special treat decorate Mr Kipling Mini Classics with fruit...
Showing 20 of 23 Great Little Ideas