For a fantastic starter or side dish halve a pepper, scoop out the middle, stuff with cooked Batchelors Golden Savoury Rice, top with cheese and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
What you need:
- 2 red or green peppers
- 1 Sachet of Batchelors Golden Savoury Rice
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- baking tray, lightly greased
How to make it:
- Cook the Batchelors Savoury Rice as directed.
- Whilst the rice is cooking cut the peppers in half and scoop out the middle.
- Fill the peppers with the Batchelors Savoury Rice and place on a greased baking tray.
- Top with cheese and bake in a preheated oven at 170ºC/ Gas mark 3 for 30 minutes or until the peppers are cooked.
Hints and tips:
- Lots of other vegetables are suitable for stuffing including butternut squash, courgettes and aubergines.
- Try using a variety of cheeses such as feta or blue cheese to provide really interesting toppings.
Children just love this recipe and it takes just 20 minutes....so it’s great...
To make a delicious pasta bake, fry bacon and leeks until cooked, add the...
To make a delicious veggie pasta bake, lightly fry sliced mushrooms and...
For an easy tuna bake gently fry some courgettes and leeks in olive oil then...
Add tuna, cooked broccoli, cooked red pepper and heated Mushroom Condensed...
For an easy pasta bake, fry chopped sausages until cooked, add the Batchelors...
For a delicious and simple meal mix together cooked Batchelors Pasta n Sauce...
For a tasty meal, add sauteed diced chicken to the Batchelors Mild Curry...
This is called 'help yourself pasta' as my son used to love this when he was...
For a quick egg fried rice, cook the Batchelors Savoury Rice on the hob,...
Showing 20 of 51 Great Little Ideas