This delicious pancake recipe is ideal for an afternoon sweet treat. Just make some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a pinch of salt, an egg and milk then fill with strawberry jam and clotted cream.
What you need:
- 100g McDougalls Plain Flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- vegetable oil for frying
- 4 tsp strawberry jam
- clotted cream
- non-stick frying pan
How to make it:
- Place the McDougalls Plain Flour and salt into a bowl then make a hollow in the centre and add an egg.
- Whisk the egg into flour then gradually add the milk until all of the flour is worked in and the batter is smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan then pour in enough batter to cover the base of the pan. Cook the pancake for 1-2 minutes on a medium heat until the underside is golden brown. Turn over or flip the pancake and cook for a further minute.
- Keep the pancakes warm in the oven and cover with foil to prevent them drying out.
- Spread the strawberry jam evenly over each pancake then fold each pancake in half and half again to form a triangle shape.
- Place the pancakes onto serving plates and serve with clotted cream.
Hints and tips:
- For a healthier alternative replace the jam with fresh strawberries and serve with low fat crème fraîche.
Have fun building this delicious pancake tower!Just make some pancakes using...
This delicious fruit cake recipe is so easy to make with only 3 ingredients!...
The all day bacon and egg breakfast pancake is the perfect weekend treat....
A new twist on pancakes and great for sharing! just make up some pancakes...
For a delicious sweet finish to a meal just make up some pancakes using...
For a sweet treat try making some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
For a quick lunch idea make up some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
For a perfect treat and weekend breakfast fun make up some pancakes using...
For a chocolate orange sensation just make some pancakes using McDougalls...
A lovely crunchy cookie using McDougalls Flour with lots of chocolate...
Jamie Lee Smith
Showing 11 of 11 Great Little Ideas