The all day bacon and egg breakfast pancake is the perfect weekend treat. Just whisk up a pancake batter with McDougalls Plain Flour, egg and milk then cook the pancakes and then fill each pancake with cooked bacon and eggs.
What you need:
- 100g McDougalls Plain Flour
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- vegetable oil for frying
- 8 thinly sliced rashers bacon, grilled
- 4 eggs, poached or fried
- non-stick frying pan
How to make it:
- Mix together the McDougalls Plain Flour and salt into a bowl then make a hollow in the centre and add the egg.
- Whisk the egg into flour and gradually add the milk until all of the flour is combined and the batter is smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased frying pan and pour in enough batter to cover the base of the pan then cook for 1-2 minutes on a medium heat until underside is golden brown. Turn over or flip pancake and cook the other side for a further minute until golden on each side. Continue to cook 4 large pancakes.
- Serve each pancake with grilled bacon and place a poached or fried egg on top.
Hints and tips:
- To keep the pancakes hot stack them up and cover them with foil and place in a warm oven whilst making remainder of the pancakes.
- Try serving with scrambled eggs and grilled sausages for a change.
Have fun building this delicious pancake tower!Just make some pancakes using...
This delicious fruit cake recipe is so easy to make with only 3 ingredients!...
A new twist on pancakes and great for sharing! just make up some pancakes...
For a delicious sweet finish to a meal just make up some pancakes using...
For a sweet treat try making some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
For a quick lunch idea make up some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
For a perfect treat and weekend breakfast fun make up some pancakes using...
For a chocolate orange sensation just make some pancakes using McDougalls...
This delicious pancake recipe is ideal for an afternoon sweet treat. Just...
A lovely crunchy cookie using McDougalls Flour with lots of chocolate...
Jamie Lee Smith
Showing 11 of 11 Great Little Ideas