For a sweet treat try making some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a pinch of salt, an egg and some milk then top the cooked pancakes with chocolate sauce and decorate with melted chocolate, chocolate chips and whipped cream.
What you need:
- 100g McDougalls Plain Flour
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- vegetable oil for frying
- 250ml whipping cream, lightly whipped
- chocolate sauce
- chocolate chips
- non-stick frying pan
How to make it:
- Blend the McDougalls Plain Flour and salt together in a bowl, make a hollow in the centre and add the egg. Gradually add the milk and whisk until all the flour is worked in and the batter is smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled pan until hot and pour in enough batter to cover the base of the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on a medium heat until the underside is golden brown. Turn over or flip pancake and cook the other side for a further minute. Keep the pancakes warm in the oven until they are all cooked.
- Spread the chocolate sauce evenly over each pancake, roll and transfer to individual serving plates.
- To decorate drizzle each pancake with chocolate sauce and sprinkle with a few chocolate chips. Serve with a spoonful of whipped cream.
Hints and tips:
- Try adding a potion of fresh fruit such as strawberries, raspberries or fresh orange segments.
- For a healthier version of this recipe serve with low fat crème fraiche and replace the chocolate chips with some dried fruit such as chopped apricots.
Have fun building this delicious pancake tower!Just make some pancakes using...
This delicious fruit cake recipe is so easy to make with only 3 ingredients!...
The all day bacon and egg breakfast pancake is the perfect weekend treat....
A new twist on pancakes and great for sharing! just make up some pancakes...
For a delicious sweet finish to a meal just make up some pancakes using...
For a chocolate orange sensation just make some pancakes using McDougalls...
For a quick lunch idea make up some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
This delicious pancake recipe is ideal for an afternoon sweet treat. Just...
For a perfect treat and weekend breakfast fun make up some pancakes using...
A lovely crunchy cookie using McDougalls Flour with lots of chocolate...
Jamie Lee Smith
Showing 11 of 11 Great Little Ideas