A new twist on pancakes and great for sharing! just make up some pancakes using McDougalls Plain Flour, a pinch of salt, an egg and milk then wrap some hotdogs in the pancakes and serve.
What you need:
- 100g McDougalls Plain Flour
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- vegetable oil for frying
- 8 hot dog sausages
- tomato ketchup for dipping
- non-stick frying pan
How to make it:
- Blend the McDougalls Plain Flour and salt together in a bowl, make a hollow in the centre and add the egg. Gradually add the milk and whisk until all flour is worked in and the batter is smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled pan until hot and pour in enough batter to cover the base of the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on a medium heat until underside is golden brown. Turn over or flip pancake and cook the other side for a further minute. Keep the pancakes warm in the oven until they are all cooked.
- Heat the hot dog sausages as directed on the pack instructions.
- To assemble place the hot dog at one edge of the pancake and roll up tightly. Repeat with each hot dog then cut each one into 3 and secure the pancake with a cocktail stick and serve with a small dish of tomato sauce.
Hints and tips:
- Also delicious served with brown sauce or relish.
- Try adding some cooked onions before rolling up.
Have fun building this delicious pancake tower!Just make some pancakes using...
This delicious fruit cake recipe is so easy to make with only 3 ingredients!...
The all day bacon and egg breakfast pancake is the perfect weekend treat....
For a delicious sweet finish to a meal just make up some pancakes using...
For a sweet treat try making some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
For a quick lunch idea make up some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
For a chocolate orange sensation just make some pancakes using McDougalls...
For a perfect treat and weekend breakfast fun make up some pancakes using...
This delicious pancake recipe is ideal for an afternoon sweet treat. Just...
A lovely crunchy cookie using McDougalls Flour with lots of chocolate...
Jamie Lee Smith
Showing 11 of 11 Great Little Ideas