For a delicious sweet finish to a meal just make up some pancakes using McDougalls Plain Flour, a pinch of salt, an egg and milk then serve with a apples in a toffee sauce.
What you need:
- 100g McDougalls Plain Flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- vegetable oil for frying
- 4 dessert apples, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- whipped cream
- non-stick frying pan
How to make it:
- Blend McDougalls Plain Flour and salt together in a bowl then make a hollow in the centre and add an egg.
- Whisk the egg into the flour and gradually add the milk until all flour is worked in and the batter is smooth.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan until hot then pour in enough batter to cover the base of the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on a medium heat until the underside is golden brown.Turn over or flip the pancake and cook the other side for a further minute.
- Fold the pancakes into quarters and place covered in a warm oven whilst making remainder of the pancakes.
- Place the apples in a bowl, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Meanwhile add the butter to the frying pan and melt over a gentle heat then add the sugar and stir well until dissolved. Continue to cook over a very gentle heat for about 5 minutes until the sauce becomes light brown in colour and thickens. Add the apples and cook for a further 5 minutes until the apple is soft and golden brown.
- To serve place a folded pancake onto each serving plate and place a portion of toffee apple and a spoonful of whipped cream on the side.
Hints and tips:
- Try serving with a spoonful of ice cream for a treat.
- For a change use pears instead of apples.
Have fun building this delicious pancake tower!Just make some pancakes using...
This delicious fruit cake recipe is so easy to make with only 3 ingredients!...
The all day bacon and egg breakfast pancake is the perfect weekend treat....
A new twist on pancakes and great for sharing! just make up some pancakes...
For a sweet treat try making some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
For a quick lunch idea make up some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
For a chocolate orange sensation just make some pancakes using McDougalls...
For a perfect treat and weekend breakfast fun make up some pancakes using...
This delicious pancake recipe is ideal for an afternoon sweet treat. Just...
A lovely crunchy cookie using McDougalls Flour with lots of chocolate...
Jamie Lee Smith
Showing 11 of 11 Great Little Ideas