For Bolognese with a twist just make up your usual recipe using Loyd Grossman Bolognese Sauce and lean minced beef, mix with cooked pasta and bake in the oven topped with a Greek yoghurt and cheese topping.
What you need:
- 500g lean beef mince.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 jar of Loyd Grossman Bolognese Sauce
- 1 beef stock cube
- 100g mushrooms, quartered
- 1 medium tub of greek style natural yoghurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tbsp flour
- 50g grated cheddar cheese
- fusilli or penne pasta
- large non-stick pan
- casserole dish
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6
- Gently fry the minced beef, onion and garlic in a large pan until the mince is browned.
- Pour over the Loyd Grossman sauce and crumble in a stock cube.
- Add the mushrooms then bring to the boil then simmer gently for 20 minutes or until the mince is cooked.
- To prepare the topping pour the yoghurt into bowl then add the egg, plain flour and grated cheese. Mix well.
- Cook the pasta as directed on packet then add to the bolognese sauce in the pan, mix well then transfer into a casserole dish.
- Top with the yoghurt mixture and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the topping browns.
Hints and tips:
- Serve with a crisp green salad and a slice of garlic bread.
- To turn this recipe into a moussaka replace the beef with minced lamb and add layers of potato and aubergine instead of pasta.
Pour Loyd Grossman Al Forno Pasta Bake sauce over chicken breasts, sprinkle...
To make a tasty Italian supper dish, pour some Loyd Grossman Tomato and Basil...
For a quick and easy pizza snack, mix grated cheese with a jar of Loyd...
Loyd Grossman Tomato & Smoky Bacon Sauce is perfect with spicy sausage and...
For a quick tasty meal, place salmon steaks in tin foil, pour over Loyd...
Fish finger pie is a quick and easy meal which the family is sure to enjoy so...
A great finishing touch to Loyd Grossman Tikka Masala Curry is a spoonful of...
Add cooked chicken, pasta and feta cheese to Loyd Grossman Tomato and Basil...
Use Loyd Grossman Tomato & Chilli sauce to spice a pizza, spread the sauce...
For a fantastic chicken stew, mix Loyd Grossman Tomato & Wild Mushroom sauce...
Showing 20 of 62 Great Little Ideas