This delicious fruit cake recipe is so easy to make with only 3 ingredients! Just soak some dried fruit in orange juice then add some McDougalls Self Raising flour, pop into a cake tin and bake on a low heat.
What you need:
- 1kg of dried mixed fruit
- 500ml of pure orange juice
- 2 cups of Mcdougalls Self Raising Flour
- 25-30cm (10-12 inch) square cake tin, greased and lined
How to make it:
- Place the mixed dried fruit into a large bowl and pour over the orange juice.
- Stir and leave to soak for at least 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Tip the McDougalls Self Raising Flour into the dried fruit and orange juice then give it all a real good mix.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in centre of the oven at 140°C/275°F/Gas 1 for about 2 hours. Check with a skewer and if it comes out clean, then the cake will be ready.
- Allow to cool in the tin for at least 30 minutes then turn out and slice.
Hints and tips:
- For extra flavour try adding mixed spice with the flour
- or substitute some of the orange juice with brandy.
- This gorgeous fruit cake recipe freezes really well once sliced.
Have fun building this delicious pancake tower!Just make some pancakes using...
The all day bacon and egg breakfast pancake is the perfect weekend treat....
A new twist on pancakes and great for sharing! just make up some pancakes...
For a delicious sweet finish to a meal just make up some pancakes using...
For a sweet treat try making some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
For a quick lunch idea make up some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
For a chocolate orange sensation just make some pancakes using McDougalls...
For a perfect treat and weekend breakfast fun make up some pancakes using...
This delicious pancake recipe is ideal for an afternoon sweet treat. Just...
A lovely crunchy cookie using McDougalls Flour with lots of chocolate...
Jamie Lee Smith
Showing 11 of 11 Great Little Ideas