For a quick lunch idea make up some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a pinch of salt, an egg and milk then when cooked shred the pancakes to resemble spaghetti. Place the pancake spaghetti onto a serving place and top with grilled fishfingers and tomato sauce.
What you need:
- 100g McDougalls Plain Flour
- pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 300ml milk
- vegetable oil
- 8 fish fingers
- tomato ketchup or tartar sauce for dipping
- non-stick frying Pan
How to make it:
- Blend McDougalls Plain Flour and salt together in a bowl then make a hollow in the centre and add the egg.
- Whisk egg into flour and then gradually add the milk, until all the flour is worked in and batter is smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased non-stick frying pan until hot then pour in enough batter to cover the base of the pan. Cook the pancake for 1-2 minutes on a medium heat until underside is golden brown. Turn over or flip the pancake and cook the other side for a further minute. Continue cooking the batter until you have 4 large pancakes.
- Grill the fish fingers as directed on the pack instructions.
- To make the pancake spaghetti, roll each pancake up and slice the pancakes across into 5mm strips and then gently separate the strips.
- Arrange the pancake spaghetti on a plate, top with fishfingers and serve with tomato ketchup or tartar sauce.
Hints and tips:
- To keep the pancakes hot stack them on a plate, cover with foil and place in a warm oven.
- Serve with a crisp salad.
Have fun building this delicious pancake tower!Just make some pancakes using...
This delicious fruit cake recipe is so easy to make with only 3 ingredients!...
The all day bacon and egg breakfast pancake is the perfect weekend treat....
A new twist on pancakes and great for sharing! just make up some pancakes...
For a delicious sweet finish to a meal just make up some pancakes using...
For a sweet treat try making some pancakes with McDougalls Plain Flour, a...
For a perfect treat and weekend breakfast fun make up some pancakes using...
For a chocolate orange sensation just make some pancakes using McDougalls...
This delicious pancake recipe is ideal for an afternoon sweet treat. Just...
A lovely crunchy cookie using McDougalls Flour with lots of chocolate...
Jamie Lee Smith
Showing 11 of 11 Great Little Ideas