Just crush some chocolate digestive biscuits and mix with melted butter to create a cheesecake base then top with sliced strawberries, Bird’s Custard, whipped cream and sprinkles for a fantastic trifle with a twist.
What you need:
- 1 pack chocolate digestive biscuits
- 25g butter
- 1 pack strawberries, sliced
- 450ml Bird’s Custard, made from powder as directed on pack
- 1 large tub double cream, lightly whipped
- small pan
- glass trifle dish
How to make it:
- To make the cheesecake base place the biscuits into a plastic bag and then crush them using a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in pan then add the biscuit crumbs and stir well.
- Place the biscuit crumb into the base of a trifle dish and pat down gently until flat. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries on the chilled base then pour over the cold Bird’s Custard.
- Decorate with whipped double cream and sprinkles.
Hints and tips:
- Try topping the cheesecake trifle with fresh fruits
- If the custard is made up thicker this dessert can be made in a 23cm cake tin and turned out onto a plate.
Add a spoonful of Bird's Custard Powder to pancake mix to give pancakes a...
Instead of sugar, try adding apple puree at the end for a lovely Bird's apple...
Make a slightly thicker Bird's Custard using less milk, and spoon on top of...
These traffic light jellies are a real treat for a boys racing car party....
Blend a spoonful of cocoa powder into your Bird's Custard Powder for...
Add cinnamon sticks whilst heating your Bird's Custard for a fantastic...
Add a little orange zest for a lovely orange Bird's Custard and it goes...
When making pancakes, stir a spoonful of bird's custard into the batter mix...
Easy Eton Mess with no need for fresh cream.
Fresh fruit and Jelly mixed into one to help towards your for a 5 a-day.
Showing 18 of 18 Great Little Ideas