Pan fry some onions add a teaspoon of sugar cook until the onions are soft and golden. Make the Bisto Best Onion Gravy as per pack instructions, then add to the pan of onions.
What you need:
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 medium sized onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 280ml of Bisto Best Onion Gravy
- non-stick frying pan
How to make it:
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add onions to pan, cook for 5-6 minutes, stiring occasionally.
- Add a teaspoon of sugar and continue cooking for another 5-6 minutes. The onions need to be soft and turning brown, but care must be taken to ensure they do not burn.
- Make 280ml of Bisto Best Onion Gravy, following the pack instructions and add to the pan with the onions. Heat through and serve.
Hints and tips:
- Onion gravy is a fantastic accompaniment to bangers and mash.
- Add some fresh or dried sage for an extra special twist.
Cut silverskin pickled onions in half then add to Bisto Gravy. Serve with...
Make the Bisto Best Beef gravy as per pack instructions, then stir in a...
Boneless pork steaks (you can buy these at your local supermarket) its simple...
For a quick sausage casserole with a twist place some grilled sausages into...
Hannah Mc Bride Hughes
For an economical and hearty meal add some diced potatoes and carrot to a pan...
Pan fry some sliced mushrooms in butter. When the mushrooms are soft add a...
Pan fry some mushrooms for a few minutes until soft. Make the Bisto Best...
For a tasty gravy try frying some sliced onions and bacon in vegetable oil...
Bisto Instant Roast Chicken Gravy makes a delicious sauce for a chicken...
Fancy making your own pasties? This is a simple and tasty recipe to do just...
Showing 20 of 34 Great Little Ideas